Supervisors navigate between many different roles: teacher, advocate, evaluator & advisor to name a few. While this 6 session series will build upon previous sessions to deepen a supervisor’s knowledge, participants can pick and choose which ones to attend.
Sessions are intended to build trauma responsive practices and be interactive, creating a safe learning space for attendees to share ideas, challenges and successes. We learn and grow through our shared commitment to those we serve and our relationships with each other.
Trainer: Colleen Mercuri-Johnson, Hope Tree Consulting
CEUs: APPROVED BY THE SOH, CSWMFTB FOR 1.0 CEU FOR COUNSELORS AND SOCIAL WORKERS PROVIDER #RSX050901 AND #RCX051001(Meeting Supervision Standards).
The 4th Thursday of the month from January – June 2022.
1-27-22, 2-24-22, 3-24-22, 4-28-22, 5-26-22 & 6-23-22
Each session is from 9:00 am – 10:00 am at Butler County Educational Service Center 400 N. Erie Blvd. Hamilton, OH 45011. Masks are required for all people regardless of vaccination status.
1-27-22: What’s Your Supervision Style?
1. Attendees will explore their personal style of supervision and evaluate for strengths and challenges with their approach.
2. Attendees will explore methods of building a strong and supportive supervisory relationship.
2-24-22: Supervisor as a Champion: Creating Organizational Safe Space
1. Attendees will explore 4 types of safety and how to bring them into the supervision space.
2. Attendees will be introduced to evaluation tools for assessing safety in their agency.
3-24-22: Having Tough Conversations
1. Attendees will be introduced to strategies to improve communication skills needed to address performance concerns with supervisees.
2. Through role play and discussion, attendees will have opportunity to enhance their communication skills.
4-28-22: Connecting Hope & Gratitude to Supervision
1. Attendees will be introduced to the benefits of elevating hope and gratitude in their supervision sessions.
2. Attendees will identify at least 2 opportunities to expose supervisees to vicarious resiliency.
Additional topics will be developed by attendees and registration will open at a later date.