Friday, March 3, 2023
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Butler County Educational Service Center
400 N. Erie Blvd. Hamilton, OH 45011
Join us as we welcome back national speaker Jermaine Galloway, better known as Tall Cop Says Stop. Featuring over 70 visual aides, this interactive workshop provides participants with the ability, knowledge and confidence to help prevent and identify individuals who are using or abusing drugs and/or alcohol. The alcohol and drug scene changes every day. Learn current trends, strategies, terms, identifiers, logos, and drug concealment for school, home and work.
Other topics include: alcohol and drug clothing, alcoholic energy drinks, alcopops, alcohol and drug concealment methods and containers, drug paraphernalia, drug related music and groups, logos, stickers, new technology, youth party tendencies, party games, non-traditional alcoholic beverages, social networking sites, synthetic drugs, OTC drugs, inhalants, marijuana concentrates, E-cigarettes, and popular party drugs, including: opioids, Adderall, and ecstasy.
For each person to help prevent youth substance abuse, you MUST know what is going on in your community.
- Quickly identify alcohol and drug use and abuse indicators of possible at-risk individuals, through products, stash compartments, clothing brands, other concealment methods, etc.
- Recognize the current drug culture of marijuana, including effects of legalization, Delta 8 and 9
- Identify vaping methods of drugs in the classroom or workplace
- Recognize improved policy and procedures about current alcohol and drug abuse prevention and intervention
- Recognize area specific alcohol and drug abuse information and content in relations to trends, culture and identifiers
Target Audience: Educators, prevention providers, coalition members, law enforcement, probation officers, school administration, treatment, counselors, and parents.
Cost: Free! (Priority will be given to partner agencies in Butler County).
CEUs: APPROVED BY THE SOH, CSWMFTB FOR 2.75 CEU’s FOR SOCIAL WORKERS PROVIDER #RSX050901 (not approved for counseling).